Thursday, May 27, 2010

Green Chilli Ice Cream Story

Hey all

There were a lot of things that happened during my 4 month stay in Bombay. So i have decided to post some of the interesting ones. And it starts of with the one that happened before we left.





We went to this place called Bachelor’s on Marine Drive in Bombay. And I tell you, this is the bestttttttttt juice shop that I ave ever went to. I mean, the quality of shakes and juices that they have is totally amazing. And the best part is this thing is opened upto 2 A.M in the morning. Such is the demand for this place. It’s a small shop, almost the size of our Bakes and Cakes shop but all you’ve got to do is to park your car on the roadside and they’ll come and take the order. And this happens right on the main road. The pricing is on the higher side, but considering the quality that they provide its worth the money. You cannot go everyday for it, but probably once or twice a week. But if your filthy rich and ready to sponsor for others as well, then you’ve got some good karma in your kitty. :-) :-) :-)

This was the second time I was going to bachelor’s after Bawa took me to the place for the first time on my birthday(that is a completely different story, reserved for later). Since it was our last few days in Bombay, we decided to freak out and were allowed to order whatever we wished for. We were having a ball of a time having all that was there on the menu ranging from milkshakes, to blossoms, to fruits served with whipped cream. And suddenly our HOD JD Bhaiyya(name: Jayesh Daulatjada) came up with a suggestion that we try the Green Chili Ice cream. When asked if he had tried it before, he said no but then said what is wrong in experimenting. So, when it is coming from the Head of Dept, all that you can do is oblige to his request. Gowri and myself were still skeptical about ordering it but then Prasanth said he will go ahead and have it. So we ordered and I was happily digging into my Mango+Ice Cream Milkshake when the unfamiliar ice cream arrived.



We were looking at each other and burst out laughing. It was as though we were waiting for someone to say, “ok, I’ll go ahead and have it…” Since it was Prasanth who ordered it (his talent for eating reminds me ajoy and james) he went and had it. First Reaction: Eyes opened wide. And wide means VERY WIDE!!! AHAHAHAHahahaha.. Gowri and myself were laughing our heads off. HAhhaaha.. It was too funny, his expression was as though, “Who the hell woke me up when I was having a nice nap.” It was unbelievable. And then it was passed onto Gowri who then without saying anything passed it onto me. How do I describe this thing - A Conflicting Dish. I mean an ice cream is something that is supposed to make you enjoy every scoop and cool you down. But what this does is when you have a spoon, it gives you a false impression that it tastes like any other ice cream but once you swallow it, the chili comes into play and it start burning your throat. I mean the whole purpose of an ice cream is lost.

While all this was happening, there was one person who was having fun watching all this. Yes, the person who was responsible for this whole experiment our thalaivar JD Bhaiyya. He played the perfect role of Naradar. Instigating the process and then sit back and watch the fun. But ultimately he also had it but then it was left to Prasanth to finish the rest and he did it without a word.(just like Joy)

So when you are in mood to experiment or if you come across anything that is as weird/conflicting as this let me know, there are people here who are waiting to hear from you. :-) :-) :-)

Jai Gurudevaaa!!!

Love

Abhiram

2 comments:

  1. Gihaha.
    This place sounds like Naturals!
    The guy at the Naturals near my place at Koramangala was telling me how they used to have some 100 flavours, which included green chilli ice cream!.

    All discontinued now, I'm just waiting for Custard Apple ice cream to come back :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naturals is like pure ice cream parlor... This one is where everything is there...like Bakes and Corner... But yeah...for we had naturals right next to our place in Dadar...and Hahahahah...sitafal,fig,chocolate almond...aaaahhhhh... Don't remind it, here in ashram i am living in Diary Delight Vanilla and Strawberry cup ice cream. :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete